- Use of our websites, including mobile websites, applications
- Visits to a store where our products are located or attendance at one of our events
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third-party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
- Through our authorized service providers
The nature of our business requires that we gather and maintain information that is of a personal nature that you may wish to keep protected. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites accessible through our Websites.
Information we collect.
We may collect or have collected in the preceding 12 months the following categories of personal information (“PI” or “personal information”). We may add to the categories of personal information we collect personal information. In that case, we will inform you.
- Identifiers. Examples include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other elements. Examples include name, signature, characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under Kentucky or federal law. Examples include race, religion, and age.
- Commercial information. This includes services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Education information. This includes information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Biometric information. This includes an individual’s physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity.
- Internet or other electronic network activity. Examples include browsing history, search history, a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. This might include location information while using one of our apps.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. Examples of this category including identifiable information obtained about you while speaking with our customer service representatives on the telephone.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Consumer profile. This includes inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behaviors.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Purposes we collect your information.
Set forth below are the business or commercial purposes we have collected your PI. We may change or add to the purposes we collect PI. In that case, we will inform you and obtain your consent when required by law.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you purchase a product from us, we will collect your address for shipping purposes or to fulfill our tax collection and reporting obligations.
- To contact you and/or provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To engage in marketing activities, including to help design products and services appropriate for our clients.
- To communicate with you in social media concerning our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, payment, and collections.
- To review, improve, and monitor our website, applications, online services, and overall client experience, including to provide customization to meet the specific needs, ensure a consistent experience, and to assess trends, interests, and the demands of clients.
- To provide customer service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products and services.
- For testing, research, analysis and product and service development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting efforts.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Sources of Personal Information. The categories of sources of PI are described below. The examples provided are for illustration purposes and are not exhaustive.
- You. Examples of when we collect that information include:
- During a website visit, or when you visit us at one of our office, locations, or events.
- If you upload or share information, submit a request, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our websites, applications or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook or Twitter.
- If you apply or inquire about employment.
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites or online services.
- We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
- Your business connections, friends, and family, such as when they refer you to us with respect to the products and services we provide.
- Social media and related services
Sharing Personal Information. In general, we shared during the past 12 months and anticipate the sharing in the future the categories of personal information listed above with the following third parties:
- Third parties as directed by you. We share your PI with those third parties to whom you direct. For example, if you decide to send one of our products as a gift, we may include your name.
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with certain service providers, including marketing companies, professional service providers, debt collectors, information technology providers, and data storage companies. We might also authorize our service providers to collect PI on our behalf.
- Governmental entities, legal service providers. We may share your PI in order to comply with the law and in the course of providing our products and services. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body submits a request.
However, we generally do not share education information and professional or employment-related information with the third parties noted above. We also might share your personal information in the event all or part of our business is sold with persons or entities, or their representatives, for or as part of such transactions.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information. We do not sell your PI and have not sold any PI in the preceding 12 months, including any information concerning minors under age 16.
Use of Your Personal Information On Our Website. As is true of most websites, we gather some personal information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, language, internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit page, operating system, date/time stamp, and PI data. We use this personal information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Website, to learn about user behavior on the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. To monitor use of the Website and improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the use of the Website through analytics services, such as those provided by Google Analytics. Examples of this information may include: the number of visitors to the Website or to sections or pages within the Website, patterns of traffic flowing through the Website, length of time spent on the Website, or in sections or pages of the Website, the other sites that refer visitors to the Website, the pages of the Website that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Website. We also may use this personal information in our marketing and advertising services.
We may use various kinds of software devices to collect personal information about use of our Website. Small files called "cookies" may be attached to your Web browser. These files identify your browser and save information such as passwords so that websites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some portions of this Website (and possibly other sites) may not work properly if you do this. We may also use web beacons to review how visitors navigate the Website. If you would like more information about this practice, and your choices and how they relate to this practice, please contact us.
This Website may use social media plugins (e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Website. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) while browsing our Website, the social plugins allow that social media website to share data about your activities on our Website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. We do not control any of the content form the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data/information sharing statements/policies.
IMPORTANT: By using the Website, you consent to the processing of any personal information provided or collected for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
Safeguarding of Information. No system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and even though we have taken steps to protect your personally identifiable information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. However, we take a number of steps to safeguard the security of personally identifiable information obtained through the Website. For example, we maintain administrative, technical and physical controls to reasonably safeguard data from unlawful use, unauthorized access or disclosure. Additionally, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption when data is transmitted over the Internet to our Website. Individuals who have access to confidential and otherwise nonpublic data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Website is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests. This Website does not collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Website or service.
Links to Third Parties’ Websites. We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Website for your informational purposes only. You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through or provided by such sites or resources. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information that you provide or may be collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Information of Children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13 years of age. We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any personal data, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us and ask to have this personal information deleted from our files. If we otherwise obtain knowledge that we have personal information about a child under 13 in our files, we will delete that personal information from our existing files so that it is not in retrievable form.
Notice to Website Users Located Outside the U.S. Piccoli, operates in accordance with the laws of the U.S. When you access our Website from outside the U.S., we may transfer the personal information that we collect from you to a location outside of your jurisdiction, including the U.S. The data protection laws in these jurisdictions may not provide you with the same protections as those of your jurisdiction. By using this Website you acknowledge that these laws may provide a different standard of protection and you consent to the transfer of your personal data to other jurisdictions, including the U.S.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. You can always limit the information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services and content on the Website. You can also limit the communications that we may send you by following a simple opt-out or unsubscribe process. Simply follow the instructions in our newsletter or other communications to opt-out of receiving, or unsubscribe from, future communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out of certain communications from our company, we may still need to contact you with important information about your use of the Website or for other lawful purposes.
You can contact us to request that your personal information be corrected, amended, or deleted, where it is inaccurate or inappropriate for the specified purposes of processing. Except as provided below, in the event the Company agreed to grant such requests, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request before granting access or making corrections. Please note that any requests to update your personal information, if approved and agreed to by the Company, will be processed as soon as is reasonably possible.
Send us an e-mail: email@example.com
Call us: 1-606-485-8010 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST Monday – Saturday
Write to us:
Piccoli Horses, ATTN: Customer Care, 120 Country Lake Drive, Somerset, KY 42503
Pursuant to the CCPA, and as detailed below, consumers have various rights with respect to their PI.
Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete your PI from Our records and direct any service providers to delete your PI from their records, subject to certain exceptions. Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request (see below), and as required by the CCPA, We will delete and direct any service providers to delete your PI from Our records.
We are not required to comply with your request to delete your PI if it is necessary for us (or our service provider) to maintain your PI in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the PI was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between the us and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your PI, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Upon receipt of a confirmed verifiable consumer request (see below), and as required by the CCPA, We will provide a response.
Request to Know. You have the right to request that We disclose the following to you as it relates to the 12-month period preceding Our receipt of your verifiable consumer request:
- The categories of PI We have collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting PI.
- The categories of sources from which the PI is collected.
- The categories of PI We disclose about you for a business purpose
- The categories of third parties with whom we share PI.
- The specific pieces of PI We have about you.
Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request (see below), and as required by the CCPA, We will provide a response to your request for information.
Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you in violation of the CCPA for exercising any of your CCPA rights. For example, we generally will not provide you a different level or quality of goods or services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Submitting Consumer Rights Requests. To submit any of the Consumer Rights requests as outlined above, please contact us at 1-606-485-8010. We reserve the right to only respond to verifiable consumer requests. A verifiable consumer request is one made by any individual who is:
- the consumer who is the subject of the request,
- a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child, or
- by a natural person or person registered with the Secretary of State authorized to act on behalf of a consumer.
If we request, you must provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and/or authority to act on behalf of the consumer. In general, we may ask you to provide identifying information that we already maintain about you or we may use a third-party verification service. In either event, we will try to avoid asking you for sensitive personal information to verify your identity. We may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with PI if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the PI relates to you. However, making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. Additionally, you will need to describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to review, understand, assess, and respond. PI collected from an individual to determine whether a request is a verifiable consumer request may not be used for any other purpose. We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of receipt, but we may require an extension of up to forty-five (45) additional calendar days to respond and we will notify you of the need for the extension.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to the email address associated with that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons We cannot comply with a request, if applicable. To the extent permitted by the CCPA, We will respond to no more than two requests during any 12-month period.
You may authorize a natural person or a business registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf with respect to the right under this CA Policy. When you submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete, unless you have provided the authorized agent with a qualifying power of attorney, you must provide your authorized agent written permission (signed by you) to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity with Us. We reserve the right to deny requests from persons or businesses claiming to be authorized agents that do not submit sufficient proof of their authorization.